Fears Forever

A Tears For Fears shrine

Thursday, November 09, 2006

LAND OF THE FREE

Since I have been living in America I have not been able to work yet because every time I try to get a job employers are suspicous of me and think I am an illegal immigrent, which I am. However, I and Cheryl are both trying to find similar work to what we used to do at home. Cheryl used to work at a motorway service station as a cook, and I used to work in a sweet shop.

However, because I have got a lot of time to myself, it has got me thinking in all that spare time. I have come to realise that I was right to leave England and Britain because in my opinion IT HAS GONE TO THE DOGS.

I look at the 1980s which to me was a time of greatness, and things were so much better.

In those days there were heroes who were REAL heroes, who you could look up to and realize that they were good people. They did a lot of work for charity or they were clean cut and did not take drugs. People like Cliff Richards'sis and Jimmy Saville either believed in God or did a lot of work for charity and were great embassadors for Britain. Pop stars like George Michaels and Tears For Fears did music that had tunes and they did not take drugs or were promiscous. Even the strange looking Boy George said that he preffered to drink a cup of tea to having sex!

Nowadays the papers are full of awful so called "celebreties" such as Kate Moss and Pete Dockerty of the group Babyshampoo. All they do is take drugs all the time and spend all their time in rehabitulation units. This is not a good example to set to youngsters. Roland Orzabal would not have done that! Nowadays, even 1980's pop star George Michaels has fallen into disgrace because of the modern age, and is caught sleeping in cars that have crashed into a lamp post after smoking potash, or gets up to all sorts of things in the toilets in local parks where people take their families for days out.

I am glad that I have moved to a country where there are celebreties who are fine upstanding examples to young people, such a Brittany Speares and Pamela Anderson.

9 Comments:

Blogger Jaderson Luis Bellan said...

Hi, Glenda. Congratulations for your webblog! I liked it very much, not just because of the good content, but mainly because of Tears for Fears, wich is my favorite band as well. I wonder if Curt and Roland will visit their fans in Brazil! Hopefully YES! Did you like the new album? I loved it!

November 09, 2006  
Blogger glenda said...

Jaderson, thank you for your kind words! All of Tears For Fears albums are touched with magic!

I do not know if they will visit Brazil, but apparently Roland occasionally goes out to his local general store to buy milk and cigarettes!

November 11, 2006  
Blogger Istvanski said...

"Roland occasionally goes out to his local general store to buy milk and cigarettes!"

So, just like Georgie-Porgie Michaels he has succumbed to the demon weed. Product of our modern times, eh Glinda?

November 12, 2006  
Blogger glenda said...

Mr Ivanokovsky, your comment has only just got here because I am in America, probably.

Roland has a terrible "chainsmoking" habit, but it is not that sort of "demon weed" as you describe it! It is a worry, as is his consumption of milk. I am lactose intolerent. It happens to us all.

November 29, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sigue Sputnik man also drink beer and or milk, smoke weed. Ooh Gary Davis demon for demon weeds. Good luck for America, no drug there oh no just Christian rockers like Aerosmith.

November 30, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

An old friend of mine's dad was a policeman a long time ago and once met Sir Cliff Richards'is in a public convenience.

December 01, 2006  
Blogger glenda said...

Anonymouse - I have not heard of Sigue Sputnik, I thought it was a satellite dish that the Russians developed during the "Cod War" which I once read a fasinating book about. Gary Davies used to be a very good deejay in Britain, but he ruined it all with his "sloppy bit in the middle" which was full of horrible innuendoe.

Richard - I have heard that Cliff likes to spend a lot of time in public convenienses, but then he probably likes to be in touch with the public, unlike a lot of modern pop celebrities!

December 01, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a Mad World, Glenda.

I haven't heard much of Roland Orbital lately with his lovely black hair. Did he not team up with the London Orbital and form "Hatfield & the North"?

December 04, 2006  
Blogger glenda said...

Mr Murphmaster - I often think Roland has got lovely hair I would like to run my fingers through, but it is dark brown, not black. His ancestry is French, Spanish and Argenentinien, which probably explains why he has got such lovely hair!

The rest of your comment puzzles me. He was not in a band with Harry Enfield in the north as far as I know. I have looked up "The Orbital" on Wickedpedia and it was a "rave" group of the 1990's, who probably took a lot of drugs, so hopefully Roland didn't have anything to do with them!

December 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home