Fears Forever

A Tears For Fears shrine

Sunday, January 28, 2007


Hi.


I'm Tony Adams, former England and Arsenal footballer.


I have walked through fire.


Some people thought that my over enthusiastic singing of the National Anthem at England matches was the mark of a man who had a patriotic fervour.


I can only tell you, with shame, that it was the mark of a man who was full of pain.


A pain that was only dulled by consumption of beer.


Those days seem so long ago now.


During that time, my therapist encouraged me to write poetry of a cathartic nature.


It opened up a new avenue of expression for me.


These days my spare time is not spent drinking. Instead, I sculpt, paint, embroider, take black and white photographs, compose classical music and, most of all, I write verse.


Some of that verse will be shared with you in forthcoming posts. I hope you get as much from it as I do.
POSTED BY TONY ADAMS, 28TH JANUARY, 2007, ENGLAND.

4 Comments:

Blogger rockmother said...

Oooh Tony I'm breathless with excitement. I've fancied you for years. I can't wait to read your poetry and experience your softer side first hand on these pages. Yours adoringly Rotisserie of Mo x

February 01, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you. I should warn you that I wrote the poetry during some of my darkest hours, but within the darkness there was a need to look for light, so all hope is not lost. I hope you find it inspiring.

February 02, 2007  
Blogger Istvanski said...

Please no more of this stuff - I really tried so hard to get into Jim Morrison's prose - I really did, but the world does not need another poetic drunkard.

February 06, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must admit, Mr Istvanski, I am a little disappointed with Mr Adams's poetry. I thought it was going to be more cheerful and more like the work of my favourite poet, Patience Strong, who encourages us to find a cheery smile despite the challenges life throws at us. It really is doomy and gloomy. I can assure you that Mr Adams's poetry won't be appearing on this weblog ever again.

February 06, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home