Fears Forever

A Tears For Fears shrine

Friday, July 13, 2007

I AM BACK!!!!!


I am glad to be back in the world of blogging after wrestling my blog away from the awful Mrs Prentiss. I know many of you will mourn her passing, but she was a viscous old woman who deserved her fete. You do not know her like I did.

However, it has come to my notice, from a comment made on the previous post, that the comedian Peter Kay has died. As we do not have a television at the moment or get British newspapers where I am living in my lesbien love nest, I was a little shocked to say the least.

Peter was, along with the Ross family, part of one of the "television" families! All his relatives are famous! They include his brother Vernon, who lives next door to him, Gordon Kay who was in the 1980's comedy Hello Hello I Was Just Pissing By Your Door and Jay Kay of Jamarqwai the pop group.

It is a shame that somebody so young should die needlessly at such a young age. Still, nobody dies in vein. His death will serve as a warning to people who overeat. It can only lead to heart problems and probably an early death.

It is good to be back.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger rockmother said...

Actually Glenda, Peter Kay and Mrs P were very good friends. SHe was his mentor in the early days when he was struggling in working mens clubs. She gave him inspiration and untold cups of tea. In fact, if my memory serves me well, it was her that used to say 'keep the big light on Petey'.

July 18, 2007  
Blogger glenda said...

The Rock And Roll Mother - I am afraid Mrs Prentiss duped you, as she did with so many people. She ledd a sad and boring life and used to pretend that she knew famous people before they were famous and that she was an "inspiraton" to them.

For instance, she always insisted that she used to be engaged to Larry Grayson but called it off at the last minute leaving him "distraut". She also said that Norman Wisdom used to live next door to her when she was a child, which I know was not true.

July 19, 2007  
Blogger rockmother said...

Oh. Thank you Glenda for your enlightning insights into Mrs Betty P. So is it not true that she is really Barry Manilow's godmother then? Apparently he had strong links with Sheffield which is where she was originally from and that is how they got to know each other. I think she used to have a cottage there that he used to visit with a friend?

July 19, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mrs Prentiss told me that she knew Barry Manilow. She said that he once told her that if she was his godmother, he was her "fairy godmother"! I could'nt understand what she was on about! This was in the early days when I started to work at the sweetshop and at the time I was taken in by her lies until I new better.

July 19, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home