Fears Forever

A Tears For Fears shrine

Friday, February 02, 2007

FRIGHT IN BRIGHT WHITE LIGHT

We share blood
We share veins
We share vanity
To hide our pain.

We share secrets
Stories untold
To the vast majority
Wrongdoings and weaknesses
Faults manifold.

We wear masks
Hiding ugly intentions
Covering our lies
Or our evil inventions.

Try as we might
The truth shines bright
Behind the armour
It shines bright white.

Copyright Tony Adams Poetry (UK) Ltd.
Published by Tony Adams, 2nd February 2007, England.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bob Swipe said...

Hello Tone!

Do you do requests?


Only, I'd love to hear a recitation of your meisterwerk:

Donkey won the Derby,
Donkey won the Derby -

Tra la la la
Tra la la la

Simple, elegeant - and *so* moving...

Up the Arsenal,

Bob


p.s.- how are the old pianer lessons going??
That Chopin's a swine, isn't he?

February 14, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know Bob, when I was called "Donkey" I felt really hurt. It was definitely something that contributed to my heavy drinking. However, my counsellor taught me to see each negative as a positive. A donkey is a gentle, humble creature that's loved by children.

So I can look back on that term of abuse with a smile now. Not only that, but I'm patron of a local donkey sanctuary.

Learning the piano is a challenge, but to me nothing expresses the ebb and flow of emotion better than beautiful piano playing.

February 14, 2007  
Blogger rockmother said...

Tony - I made a straw hat in my occupational therapy session for you as all donkeys wear hats and I thought you might like it. I hope you got it ok. Your no1 fan fan no1 xxxxx

February 15, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home