Fears Forever

A Tears For Fears shrine

Monday, July 30, 2007

NEW TALENT AT LAST!!!

In my last post, I may have give you the impression that I am living in the past because I like television shows like "Some Mothers Do Have Them!!!!", but this is not always the case.

I am now fourty five, but I like to "keep up with the times", although I do not keep up with the music or the fashions as much as I used to. There is a shopping "mall" (or shopping centre as they are known in Britain) near to us but I don't go shopping for "way-out" clothes there!

However, I am always open to new ideas and take the advice of my young neieces and nephews in Britain, who keep in touch with me because of the internet.

I do not always agree with their tastes in music, or they with mine! They do not like Tears For Fears and I do not like My Chemistry Romance or Blink 247, who are their great favourites!

However, this wonderful clip on "You Tubes" was recommeded to me by my neiece Kylie in Leek, Staffordshire, who says "this might be to your taste Auntie Glen LOL, the bloke that won this only won because all the voters thought he was a bit simple and they felt sorry for him, LMFAO."

I think this is a little harsh, because although he is a little strange looking, he is a wonderful singer - the best I have heard since Roland Orzabal!

His name is Paul Potts and this is him on "You Tubes"



The programme was called "Britain Has Talents" and for once they are right, even if one of the judges is the horrible Simon Cowls who never has a good word to say about anybody. My friend from the TEARS FOR FEARS EXTREME forum, Kelvin, once auditoned for Pop Idol singing "Mad World" and Simon was extremely cruel to him!

However, the lead up to the winning result on this show is very exciting. It is obvious that the man with the ventriloqwist dummy is shaking his head and knows he will not win, and the wrapping group look very surly, as if the world owes them a living. However, Paul Potts is a born star and I love his version of the Pavvarotti song "Nissan Dormer". That song reminds me of my ex husband Clive watching the 1990 World Cup and not talking to me for a month! However, I think that Paul Potts is a better singer than Pavaroti, and, as his LP has got to number one in the British charts I think he will go on to be bigger than the Beatles - although he is not better than Tears For Fears!!!! LOL, as my neiece would say!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am fan of Paul Potts since three week ago. He is not as you say simple person! His eyes tell a story of the torment he has suffered! Please do not stay he is backwards! His voice is very beautiful and full of sorrow and pain! The songs should not be listened to lightly but with your ears and to hear the words! He is Britain's biggest talents and do not write him off before he has had a chance for his career to grow bigger! Please!!!

October 19, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have found it in my heart to forgive Simon Cowell after all this time. I think you should too Glenda.

October 20, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home